Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
CDM Client Responsibilities
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (AKA the CDM Regs or CDM 2015) place onerous responsibilities upon CDM Commercial Clients (for more information see our CDM Client Duties page), which some client may struggle to fulfil without specialist advice and support.
Our CDM Experience
As CDM professionals involved with CDM notifiable projects since 2002 we have been involved with projects ranging from £20,000 up to £1.2bn as either CDM Coordinators (formerly Planning Supervisor) and/or CDM Management consultants. From small one off projects, to large and complex, multisite Design and Build framework projects, we have a track record of delivering professional CDM support across a number of industry sectors.
Our CDM Services
We aim to provide CDM 2015 support services that are flexible and tailored specifically to the needs of our customers.
Here are some examples of support services we can provide;
- Provide ongoing advice to the Clients throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Assist the Client to compile the Pre-Construction Information for distribution to the Design Team and potential Contractors.
- Undertake assessment of the competency CDM Duty holders.
- Pre-Construction Phase CDM Audit – Conduct a formal (ISO style) audit to assess the CDM compliance of a project design during the Pre-construction Phase.
- Construction Phase Plan Review – Undertake a standardised comparative analysis of the adequacy of the Construction Phase Plan against its compliance with CDM 2015 and report to the Client or Principal Designer prior to Principal/Main Contractor setting up and starting onsite.
- Construction Phase CDM Audit – Conduct a formal (ISO style) audit to assess the CDM compliance of the project during the Construction Phase.
- Conduct regular or random Site Safety & Monitoring Site Inspections.
- Review the development of the Health and Safety File prior to practical completion/handover or acceptance.
- Act as Client’s CDM Representative attending at site & progress meetings.
- Oversee/Review Accident & Incident Investigations to ensure that Root Cause has been established with suitable Preventative and Corrective Actions implemented.
If you are a CDM Client considering undertaking you first CDM project, or an experienced CDM Client requiring ongoing support or you have some concerns regarding the level of CDM compliance for a project that is currently underway Armatus can provide the advice and support you need.
Whatever your project CDM requirements we can help you achieve peace of mind that your project is compliant and safe. Please contact us to find out more.