Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
What is a CDM Contractor?
A Contractor is defined by the Construction (Design and Management) (CDM) Regulations 2015 as “anyone who directly employs or engages construction workers or manages construction work. Contractors include sub-contractors, any individual self-employed worker or business that carries out, manages or controls construction work.” HSE
Competence Is Key
CDM Contractors must be competent, which is defined as having “the skills, knowledge, experience and, where relevant, the organisational capability to carry out the work safely and without risk to health.”
CDM Contractors have a very important role in planning, managing and monitoring their work to ensure any Construction and Design risks are controlled as the Contractors and the workers under their control are exposed to the risk of injury and ill health from the project construction activities.
Supporting CDM Contractors
Our services are flexible and can range from providing advice to supporting directly and working alongside you to enable you to;
- Identify site risk and implement suitable and sufficient controls to create a safe working environment.
- Develop Safe Systems of Work, including Method Statements, Risk Assessment, (RAMs) Permit to Work, Project Plans, Project Quality Plans, Emergency Response Plans, etc.
- Verify the competency of other Sub-Contractors and supply chain partners.
- Develop and deliver a suitable site-specific Safety Induction Training.
- Select suitable Welfare facilities appropriate to the nature of the project.
- Become Principal/Main Contractor and take control of the Construction Phase of a project under CDM 2015.
- Conduct one-off and regular site inspections and audits to satisfy both statutory and contractual requirements.
- Adopt the duties of a Domestic Client under CDM 2105 if requested to do so by the Client.
Extensive Experience Supporting Contractors
We have extensive experience of working with Contractors under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations across a number of sectors and hundreds of projects. We can help you to fulfil your duties under CDM 2015 and develop robust Safety Systems of Work and Management systems, if required, to enable you to deliver excellence for your Clients.
As we work with companies of all sizes, we can help smaller Contractors to develop and improve their Safety, Quality and Environmental Management Systems, Policies, Procedures and practices, thus helping Contractors ascend within the Supply Chains of their larger Clients, often allowing them the opportunity to be considered for bigger, more profitable projects and work packages.
Working with Contractors Large and Small
We provide a flexible range of specialist services designed to support to CDM duty holders to, not only help them comply with the regulations, but more importantly to identify, eliminate and control risk, delivering a project which is on time, on budget and ultimately value for money for the Client.
We continue to remain flexible throughout the CDM process which enables us to deliver the right support, when and where it is needed.
Whatever support and guidance you need to assist you with CDM 2015 please contact us to discuss your requirement.